Monday, July 9, 2012

Well, some real art has been completed! I worked extremely hard and long on a nice big painting for my Grandmother's 80th birthday. She loves birds, and I had painted her a hummingbird (her favorite bird) in acrylics about 10 years ago. Well, these days I look at the thing and go "Omg, it's so awful." So I had to paint her something beautiful to replace that old thing. My whole family decided to have a large birthday party for my grandmother, and my painting gift to her was on display at the reception that the whole town came to.
Woo hoo!

The finished piece. Pictures are with my phone, as I had to actually take my painting and paints with me to finish. I stayed up til 3am the night before and tried so hard to finish, but it just wasn't happening. So my last resort was to pack up and take it with me! It turned out alright in the end though.

The finished sketch on Arches 90lb hot press watercolor paper.

Just some progress....


 Tee hee... It's Mordecai and Margaret! (You're welcome, Regular Show fans.)
 The Magpie is definitely my favorite. I'm going to have to do a single magpie painting, he was hella fun and turned out great!


Nearly done! On my cousin's dining room table.
 Another sweet magpie shot. Finished version.

All in all it was a great project and learning experience. I tried to go lesser on the detail, but still make it good-looking enough to be a great painting. I'm quite proud of it, it seems every painting I do these days is "the best" when it's done. I like where this is going. :3 More to come soon, hope the few people that actually read this blog enjoy!  

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment